Sunday, March 27, 2016

I'm NOT addicted to running. It's just a hobby...


How do you know if someone is a runner? I mean, if you don’t already know, you might just be living on that new planet.
Here’s how you can tell if you’re not sure:
  • Runners will chatter incessantly about which route is the hilliest or which road has the meanest dogs or which streets to avoid if you don’t want to have to pause your GPS watch
  • Instead of lunch, they’ll do RUNCH and maybe have a smoothie and a bar afterwards (see below)
  • Their social media is full of the following types of posts: selfies of them on the road, on the trail and on the ‘mill; inspirational quotes and pictures; descriptions of their runs; mileage; pace…
  • They might disappear for hours on end, early in the day on Saturdays and Sundays and come back home sweaty, tired, grumpy—and happy.
  • The closets of runners might actually have more running clothes than work or casual clothes. These clothes may or may not be organized by color, sleeve-length, season and technical-ness, The others may just be in a big pile in the middle of the floor. If you are married to a runner, find another closet.

4 comments:

  1. I can relate to so much of this, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to the day when I have a closet full of running clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mirna, wanted to let you know my friend Erin and I just signed up for the Georgia Jewel 50m, which I never would've stumbled across if I hadn't stumbled across you last year in RW. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How awesome! I'm so extremely psyched about that! I haven't decided if I'll be doing 35 or 50 this year--leaning towards 50, since I actually skipped right from 35 to 100K lol...but can't wait to meet you!

      Delete